Runner Girl


I'm trying to make running a habit. I've been running on and off for years now.  I have periods where I'll run pretty often and then I won't run for months. I've done tons of 5Ks. I've done 2 (slow!) half marathons.  I posted a few weeks ago about running in Ragnar. But I still feel like a fraud to call myself a runner. I'm not a die hard. I get lazy and take months off. I don't like to run when it's super hot.  I'm mentally weak. I don't want to be like that though. I want to be a runner. Does that make sense? I know I'm rambling...
My husband is a runner. He coaches varsity cross country and varsity track. He runs daily. He has to buy new running shoes every few months because he puts too many miles on them. My dad is also a runner. He's in his 50s and has run a few marathons.  I love to do races with them. I love to do races in general. The running community is awesome and fun.
So I'm going to be a real runner. I've told myself this a thousand times but I always quit so maybe if I post it on here I'll stick to it. I love to run. I love how it makes me feel. I get such a sense of accomplishment from finishing. Running makes me strong both physically and mentally. Plus in this house we eat, sleep, and breathe running. Between my husband's job, my dad, and my little brother who also runs...I know he names of most of the good runners in the area. I spent my Saturdays at cross country meets in the fall. We have a running closet. A whole closet dedicated to running clothes and shoes!
So no more excuses.  If you need me....I'm out for a run.




No comments:

Post a Comment