Buck mountain

So last week I convinced 3 of my lovely coworkers/ friends to go hiking with me. We decided to start with a smaller mountain and did Buck Mountain in Lake George. Ends up being about 6 miles round trip and has really pretty views at the top.

At the beginning...pre sweaty mess

Seriously the Adirondacks are amazing. If you haven't explored them then I highly highly recommend it!  Anyway we ended up having basically the perfect day weather wise for our hike. There was us four girls, three dogs, and two of the cutest identical twin 7 year old boys. 

Pups and kids

The two dogs on the right are my Glavine and Nellie and then on the left is Emma who belongs to my dad but was visiting us for a few days.  My two dogs are hiking pros but Emma was a first timer. She hiked like a champ though, despite the fact that she decided to roll in poo about five minutes into the trip. 

No matter how hard the hike is...the view at the top always makes it worth it. Buck mountain looks down over Lake George and on this day you could see for miles in each direction. Beautiful. 

At the top

Also...I just want to take a minute to say how lucky I am to have such amazing coworkers. I've been at the hospital for two years now and not only are these ladies amazing nurses but they are amazing friends. With everything that's been going on in my life lately I'm so thankful to have these girls in my life. 
Can't go wrong with ice cream!

We finished the day with some super yummy ice cream! I've decided I should fill my life with lots more adventures :)
Truth


You guys taking any adventures lately?



No comments:

Post a Comment